Friday, April 3, 2009

Friday!

I like Fridays. I got to spend a little time with my mother this morning and that was nice. We did a little shopping and she bought me a new shirt. She also gave me some money she owed me for a project and gave me some grocery money. My dear mother also helped me decide on my new glasses. When I originally tried them on, I wasn't sure but they fit my wider-than-average face perfectly. So, her intense encouragement and excitement that they flattered my face was very nice. I am glad. I was debating intensely with myself about choosing function over style. My insurance would only cover certain frames, so my choices were limited unless I wanted to pay out hundreds of dollars I don't have. So, she helped me make that decision and I should get them sometime next week. Now I'm very excited, I will be able to see properly! (When I got to Arizona in September, my old ones broke so I've been wearing my weak back-up pair for 6 months.)

I went shopping by myself too. I got a nice storage bin for my bathroom. My only closet space in this house is a teeny, tiny little 2ft thing. So, I'm relieved to get that. I also got a bit of fabric for a project I'm working on for myself. See, while I have a purse, it isn't quite big enough and I can't put it on my shoulder. Since I am a larger person, conventional messenger purses don't work or aren't comfortable for me. So, I'm making my own. I found some linen fabric. I'm hoping it comes out alright but as long as it doesn't fall apart, I'm not horribly concerned about how it looks.

I might be able to finish it tonight and if I do, I will post some pictures tomorrow (assuming it's nice enough for photos!)

I hope everyone has a blessed weekend!
Elisabeth

1 comment:

  1. Interesting blog. I hope I get to read more in the future.

    Blessings,
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete