Thursday, April 2, 2009

Headcoverings galore!

I found a website of head coverings through another blog. Again, won't name it so as to avoid causing trouble.

They had some really pretty head coverings to order. And some left me a little confused. I wasn't sure how a thin band of fabric, 2 inches wide, could constitute a proper Christian head covering. That seems more like a fashion statement to me. Vanity instead of modesty. Especially when it comes in fashion designer prints!

For me, personally, a modest Christian head covering is something of a plain, single color (white, cream, brown, black, maybe blue, pink, green, etc.). I don't care for prints as I think it draws too much attention to my head and hair. I like plain, simple colors in a mostly neutral tone. Though as my 'wardrobe' of head coverings builds up, I may find I like or even need some in other colors like blues, greens, reds or yellows. For now, I'm only wearing a black scarf.

So, it got me wondering.... what does a head covering mean to you? What does it need to be, consist of or what have you? Does it need to be a plain, single, neutral color? Or do you prefer fun, sassy prints? Do you cover your entire hair? Wear a thin headband style? A kerchief style? Traditional Amish-style kapp? I look forward to possibly getting some opinions on this one.

God bless!
Elisabeth

2 comments:

  1. To me it doesn't need to be plain or just one color. Most of mine match my clothes. I do cover all of my hair though. Not just the back or not just part of it, all of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. mine is the same as this one: http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f253/mennochic/m74746323.jpg

    ReplyDelete