Friday, April 30, 2010

Easy Cheesy Taco Casserole (slow cooker)

I wanted to share a recipe that has become a quick favorite in my house. 

Ingredients:

1 lb. ground beef, cooked and drained
1 packet taco seasoning
1 can of corn, drained
2 cans diced tomatoes
1 package or about 3-4 cups of Mexican/Fiesta blend cheese
1/2 cup milk
2 cups uncooked quick rice
1/4 cup taco sauce
About 2 1/2 cups of water

Turn the slow cooker on high.  First you put the rice in the bottom, add the milk and water.  Stir to make sure nothing gets stuck to the bottom.  Then add the corn, the tomatoes (don't drain the tomatoes), the taco seasoning, taco sauce and the browned beef.  Stir it all up again.  It doesn't look very appetizing right now but trust me, it is delicious when done.  Top with your cheese.  Cover and cook on high for about 2-3 hours (or until rice is done) or on low for 4-5 hours (or until rice is done).  The cheese will be melted and there should be little runny liquid.  It will be a thick sauce.  Let me know if you try this!

1 comment:

  1. Hello,

    I would like to try this recipe--it sounds delicious! However, I am wondering what kind of quick rice you mean. Do you mean like minute rice, or parboiled rice, or regular rice, etc. Please let me know as soon as possible by commenting on my blog with the answer.

    Thanks,
    Elizabeth
    www.geogirleliz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete